Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chocolate Bundt Cake


Tina is the baker in our house. I cook. There is a difference. Recently Tina has made at least two chocolate bundt cakes with wheat flour and it was getting to bug me. I have a very fond memory of something my Mother made when we were growing up, tunnel of fudge bundt cake. I loved it. I am really more of a savory person and not drawn to sweets or chocolate much but those cakes Tina was making and that childhood memory were causing me to crave chocolate cake. So when my friend Shauna, AKA The Gluten Free Girl posted a recipe for chocolate bundt cake yesterday I said to myself, I am going to make this!

I have been working hard this week. Drilling, nailing, painting (o.k. so that is really what Tina's been doing for me) but I have been working to the bone getting The Flight of The Turquoise Bee Apiary set up for three new hives. Our two existing hives overwintered successfully and we are getting two new packages of bees on Monday so there was much to be done. Today I finished painting and priming, I did about five loads of laundry, several last minute errands, made a pot of soup for the weekend and grilled burgers for dinner. I needed a treat after all that and Tina was game for a cooking project. I ran to the store to get teff flour which we were out of and a few other things and came home to to preform my duties as Tina's sous chef.

It was still slightly warmish when we cut it. I enjoyed two pieces, each with a dollop of ice cream. Tina brave it and had a piece too and rated it a 9 for GF cake. She has a very discerning palette and I think 9 is the highest she has ever rated a GF baked good. As for myself, I loved it. It was the perfect treat at the end of a long week of work. I so wish I had company coming over, I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to anyone. I am giving some thought to bringing the rest of it to work tomorrow since Tina is headed to CA for some sabbatical research work and I don't want to be home alone with an entire chocolate bundt cake. You can find the recipe over at Gluten-Free Girl: http://glutenfreegirl.com/ . I dusted the cake with powdered sugar and we'd had a jar of Tina's famous hot fudge sauce I would have drizzled that on top as well. This is a winner. Thanks Sauna!

1 comment:

GF Gidget said...

Awesome! You've got me craving a Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake now!